Monday, November 12, 2007

Plan Z

I am still working on posting the pictures. Blogger is causing me some problems, and I can't for the life of me remember my goo.gle password so I can't upload the pics to a web album. Well, I have uploaded them to my personal page, but that's got my real name all over it, and I'm still hoping that I've got some semblance of privacy here.

We are actively considering a new plan, and it probably wouldn't be too hard to figure out what it is. I do really need some help with this latest plan, the one I have labeled plan Z, as in I feel like we've already run through A to Y.

But I would like some more privacy for this one. I think the easiest solution is to make this blog for invited readers only. I could start a new one or start over someplace else, but this just seems the way to go. Starting over in a new place would somehow imply that I've made progress, and I haven't.

If you are interested, (and I must admit, there are a few areas where I would love some information), please email me at zanity.search at gmail.com, (Replace the at with @.) or leave your email address in the comments.

Until then, here's the latest challenge: Since March or so, my endo and more importantly the pain associated with it, has come back with a vengeance. The pain is worse than it has ever been, even if it isn't every cycle. (I can't say month, because my cycle is still averaging about 22 days.) Fortunately, the pain wasn't too bad in Argentina, and if I take enough ibu.profen prophylactically, I can hold the pain at bay.

But the other night, I forgot. I fell asleep while watching a movie (Miss Potter, a little slow, but a woman without children, so it was a plus for me) and forgot to dose up before bed.

Bad idea. A few hours later I woke up in some of the worst pain in my life. Two A.leve and three ibu.profen and forty-five minutes later, I still had no relief. I went searching through the medicine cabinet and found the last vic.odin from my one and only retrieval in February 2006.

I almost threw up from the vic, and then remembered I did throw up the last time I took it. The label said to eat a small meal if I had stomach upset so I found a piece of cold pizza and that seemed to help.

The pain was still not going away. I asked the husband to find the heating pad. The combination of drugs and the heating pad finally worked.

But now, I can't really proceed with Plan Z until I address the endo. And the problem I have now is where do I go? Back to RE#1, who performed the first lap, but whom I have not seen in two years? RE#2, #3, #4? I had asked #4 about the pain, and he said he could recommend a very good endo specialist in his area, a 3.5 hour drive.

I certainly won't be going to my ob/gyn, whom I haven't even met. I chose her quickly because I needed a new one and because everyone I know had used her, and surely I would soon need her services as an ob. That was three years ago.

I think I am down to finding a endo specialist here, or going back to RE#1 and the fertility clinic that was the site of more than a few failures.

But once again I am pissed at my body, because I really have to address this before we move on. And even if I am able to get an appointment soon, will I be able to schedule a lap soon? And soon interferes with T-day and Christmas, and my plans to run a 5k in December.

If I can't get an appointment soon, Plan Z is pushed out even farther.

Argh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

I'd be pretty pissed at my body too. The only drug which worked on my endo pain was Aleve, I assume you've tried that?

Please do invite me, I'd hate to lose out on your story. thaliablogs@yahoo.co.uk

3:21 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

I'd like to be invited too :-) If you'll have me. noperiodbaby at comcast.net.

I hope that you can figure out whom to see for the endo right quick so you can get moving with plan Z!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Keep me in the loop, please Z.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home