What Are the Odds?
--That your husband will voluntarily seek out a therapist to help the two of you deal with your infertility impasse?
--That the therapist, a specilist in infertility issues, will call the night before his appointment to postpone it?
--Because she has a stomach bug, that she got because she's more susceptible to getting sick these days?
--Because, did she forget to mention, she's pregnant?
--That the therapist, a specilist in infertility issues, will call the night before his appointment to postpone it?
--Because she has a stomach bug, that she got because she's more susceptible to getting sick these days?
--Because, did she forget to mention, she's pregnant?

12 Comments:
It should be illegal to be a pregnant infertility specialist therapist. That is just wrong.
Your husband is sweet, though.
If it were in a movie script, I'd chuck something at the TV, angered at yet another unbelievably unlikely plotline.
AARRGHHH!
Oh, for crying out loud! I agree with hopeful mother!
Oh, brother. That is... rich.
But it's a lovely thing for your husband to do...
Why am I not surprised!!
What a wonderful gesture on your husband's part, sorry it didn't work out.
I agree with Lut, it sounds suspiciously like a bad TV movie. Definitely time to find a new therapist.
Sounds like a very special episode of "Inconceivable".
That.
just.
sucks.
Have some ice cream.
I don't know what to say except that sucks. It reminds me of the time when I got into a fight in Jr. High and the school counsellor said she understood my fustration around my parents divorce, and in the same breath went on to tell me about her parent who had been married for a hundred years. My response was, can I go now.
It must be V. I've continued to see her - the day she told me was heart-breaking. I stifled the sobs until I got to the car, and seriously considered not going back.
I pretend as though she isn't.
Oh, HELL no!
Oh Jebus. Are you kidding? I'm sorry - lovely of your husband though.
Good lord. Let me guess, she's expecting boy-girl twins.
Post a Comment
<< Home