Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lying Low

So things here aren't as bad as they were last year, but I am still in a pre-holiday funk.

And my body has decided to let me know just how old I am. I woke up with a stiff neck a week ago and finally had to resort to a doctor's visit today because I still couldn't turn my head.

And my father finally told me that he is seeing someone after he took her on an extremely extravant four-day trip to NYC that my mother would have died--or I guess I should say lived--to go on.

And I'm sure if the husband and I get any present from him, it will be maple syrup.

And we haven't even finished the syrup he gave us two years ago.

And there's stuff I/we need to sort out about our future (you know the basics--kids, no kids), and as much as I would like your advice/assvice, I don't feel comfortable discussing the issues here. Lately I've had a few regular visitors from my hometown who are making an effort to hide their tracks into and out of my blog and that makes me nervous.

Maybe these visitors are nice, but maybe they aren't. I worry that these visitors are rubberneckers at an accident and not the helpful sort I've found most of you to be. And I just don't feel like exposing any more of myself or my husband right now.

I am looking forward to our Christmas trip and pretty much have all the plans set. Thanks for the suggestions about the pup.

I do hope that all of us are able to find a moment of peace in this season.

4 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling spooked. Did you consider going password protected if there are some issues you want to discuss, even for a short while?

I'm looking for that peace, too. Haven't come across it yet.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

Hide their tracks? I wonder how?

If you really want to discuss things with your 'regulars', Thalia's suggestion is a good idea.
To bad blogger won't let you password protect parts of your blog. :-/

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest that too - it's a shame, SHAME that you can't feel at ease in your own space. That makes me mad!

I'm also curious how they're trying to hide their tracks.

6:59 PM  
Blogger ellie said...

Funny, I recently encountered someone from my home town reading my blog-- and I wonder about it a great deal. I use statcounter to see where folks come from and the links they use to get to me-- generally it feels ok-- but I admit it was quite eye opening to see how people we looking stuff up.

Hope this becomes a safe place for you again.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home