Monday, April 23, 2007

For Millie

. . . because she wanted me to post again. She may rue that decision but I am sure that all of you were waiting anxiously for the follow-up on the "Finally!!!" lady.

Well, she had her baby and sent the following email:

"Hi gals!
>
> Just wanted to let you know we had our baby girl on Monday! Her name is
XYZ and she weighed blah, blah, blah. I can’t
believe she was so little! T (my oldest) weighed 2 pounds more!
>
> I actually came home yesterday---by the time your third comes around, you
are ready to just come home and get back in the swing of things. . . ."

Let me just highlight that for you in case you missed it: "by the time your third comes around".

I could add something smart or snide or bitter here but instead I am moving on.

Some of you extremely astute folks may have noticed some posts disappearing. I am preparing to take this blog down, but I wanted to save the posts and the lovely comments in particular so that I'll know what happened and how I felt and how the people in the Internets helped me cope. (Well, except for the always anonymous little shits who can't seem to write anything nice.)

I also thought it was time to get rid of my most-googl.ed post: I Don't Feel Pregnant. I even changed the title to I Don*t Feel Pregnant but fertiles still came. When I wrote that post, I didn't feel pregnant, and I wasn't, but based on tracking reports most of the women who find that post are pregnant. They just don't have any symptoms. So all the "14w don't feel pregnant" or 24w don't feel pregnant" folks will have to just go find someone who actually is pregnant to empathize.

So this may or may not be the last post--I've teased you before, but I have decided against starting a new blog or going password protected. It just seems like a whole lot of effort for this dribble, eh?

7 Comments:

Blogger beagle said...

Oh don't leave us out here without you!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Larisa said...

no, don't leave. Or if you do, let us know where you go. Pretty please???

9:15 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

I hate begging, because I figure you wouldn't be closing this down if you didn't think it was important to you, but I wish you wouldn't, and I will miss you.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

If closing the blog means you've moved halfway past IF, then that's a good thing. Still, you will be missed.

Do you have to take down your archives though? It's your choice of course, but leaving it up may help others.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ellen K. said...

I will be sorry if you stop blogging!

By the way, in response to your comment on my site, I also started in-house and now freelance. : )

Ellen K.

8:22 AM  
Blogger incognegro said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:59 PM  
Blogger millie said...

How did I not see this post???? Damn that bloglines.

I'm so glad you've posted again because I've missed you.

You've now got me scared to go near a soccer ball again or agility (I need it for myself but have always thought about it for my border collie).

Don't be a tease. Just stick around or go to wordpress or something. I know I'm begging and it's not pretty but I want to hear all about Argentina. And everything else.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home