f*ck
A few random things pissing me off these days:
Just deleted this one from the non-IF blogroll. I mean really? F*ck.
Received a note from my ob/gyn, the one I switched to right after we started trying, the one I chose because all my friends had used her to deliver their babies. She's leaving medicine (and becoming a lawyer) before I ever get to use her ob services.
The RE we met with last week to discuss Plan Y (yes, I'm still being circumspect because I am too lazy to go password protected) was an absolute condescending prick. He kept us waiting for almost an hour while he talked with a drug rep, which we know because we were in the waiting room when the rep brought by the latte.
(Plan Y was originally plan z, but the way things are going I figured I needed to give myself more room for failure.)
In lieu of an apology, he said didn't anyone tell you we could have done this over the phone? The answer to that would be a big no. We just love to drive three hours to meet with a-holes.
When I asked him about his protocol--whether he used med.rol or doxycyc.line, or performed a mock transfer, he mocked me. If I can find any proof that med.rol has ever helped in an IVF cycle, he'd knock half the price off. I could go on and on discussing his smirky inappropriateness.
So after waiting two months to get an appointment with this bastard, we are back to square one in finding an RE.
Oh, and yep, my period started today.
Just deleted this one from the non-IF blogroll. I mean really? F*ck.
Received a note from my ob/gyn, the one I switched to right after we started trying, the one I chose because all my friends had used her to deliver their babies. She's leaving medicine (and becoming a lawyer) before I ever get to use her ob services.
The RE we met with last week to discuss Plan Y (yes, I'm still being circumspect because I am too lazy to go password protected) was an absolute condescending prick. He kept us waiting for almost an hour while he talked with a drug rep, which we know because we were in the waiting room when the rep brought by the latte.
(Plan Y was originally plan z, but the way things are going I figured I needed to give myself more room for failure.)
In lieu of an apology, he said didn't anyone tell you we could have done this over the phone? The answer to that would be a big no. We just love to drive three hours to meet with a-holes.
When I asked him about his protocol--whether he used med.rol or doxycyc.line, or performed a mock transfer, he mocked me. If I can find any proof that med.rol has ever helped in an IVF cycle, he'd knock half the price off. I could go on and on discussing his smirky inappropriateness.
So after waiting two months to get an appointment with this bastard, we are back to square one in finding an RE.
Oh, and yep, my period started today.

5 Comments:
Crap. sorry. about all of it.
he sounds like an utter asshole, I'm sorry you had to experience that.
How did you find such a crappy RE? Seriously. I've heard of some arrogant jackasses but he takes the cake.
As for that link, I read that just before bed and just new how little I was going to sleep. There just are no words.
Well, shit. I'm so sorry. Did you ever get a second opinion from HIVF? I remember we chatted about that a ways back but didn't know if you ever did or not.
Ugh, ugh and ugh.
Bedside manner is optional, huh?
Post a Comment
<< Home