On the Road Again
Next week we head out to meet RE#5, if we count the a-hole from a few months back as RE#4. We've already had a phone consult with this RE, and I think we will really like him. (Oh wait, I just realized I've forgotten one RE, so we are actually headed out to #6. Shit, we've been at this too long if I'm actually forgetting people who have seen me naked up close and personal.)
Actually, we already like him. He answered all my questions before I asked them. He gave me his e-mail address! Voluntarily! I haven't even used it but knowing that I could just made me so happy.
The clinic coordinator has been great. We are really hoping this will be the last stop on our national travels before parenthood.
I want the blood draw last week to be the last time I am checked for infectious diseases, without having actually slept with a stranger. I want the hooha check next week to be the last one where the ute will be empty. I want to finally have a baby that I can name after my mother, who incredibly has been dead for three years now.
Of course, if we were to get pregnant with a boy, the latter might be a little problematic. My mom's name can be construed as a gender-neutral name, but then again so can Meredith, and I'm not convinced that male Merediths are all too happy about that. But then again, maybe naming our male child with a dubious name might let him in on what he's in for for the rest of his life with us as his parents.
Because after all, isn't having a child all about payback?
Actually, we already like him. He answered all my questions before I asked them. He gave me his e-mail address! Voluntarily! I haven't even used it but knowing that I could just made me so happy.
The clinic coordinator has been great. We are really hoping this will be the last stop on our national travels before parenthood.
I want the blood draw last week to be the last time I am checked for infectious diseases, without having actually slept with a stranger. I want the hooha check next week to be the last one where the ute will be empty. I want to finally have a baby that I can name after my mother, who incredibly has been dead for three years now.
Of course, if we were to get pregnant with a boy, the latter might be a little problematic. My mom's name can be construed as a gender-neutral name, but then again so can Meredith, and I'm not convinced that male Merediths are all too happy about that. But then again, maybe naming our male child with a dubious name might let him in on what he's in for for the rest of his life with us as his parents.
Because after all, isn't having a child all about payback?

7 Comments:
I want all those things for you, too.
Unless it's a boy. Then, I'd retract that last one.
Good luck with RE# whatever.
I hope this is your last stop on the way to parenthood as well.
As long as your mom is not named after a fruit or a prescription drug (did you see that naming article recently?) all will be fine.
I don't suppose your travels are bringing you anywhere near me? Cuz that would rock.
Yeah payback. I've always said that.
Good to hear from you, hope RE#6 is the good guy.
it's easy to lose track of all the experts, protocols and people -- sometimes by subconscious choice! Wishing you all the very best and then some...
What's an RE more or less. But the good ones are rare, hopefully you caught one and he'll do what he does best for you!
Dear Zhl, please forgive me for being away so long. I hope the consult with the RE was as good as he sounded. You deserve a good experience after that last one. I really, really hope this is the last stop before parenthood for you, too.
Payback for whom?
I'm hoping for all those lasts too!
Post a Comment
<< Home