It Was All in My Head
Chubby came home late last week, and for a while my mood lifted. But then I took to bed early Friday night with yet another horrible headache not alleviated by aspirin or the tincture my acupuncturist had given me. Saturday we took the pup to the lake. The drought has drastically lowered the water levels and made the shore less than lovely, but the water was still cool. And yet the beers did not lift my headache.
On Sunday I resorted to having sex with my husband to try to alleviate my headache. No perfectly timed sex. Not sex on a schedule. Just come in here and help me get rid of my headache sex. Worked--for a little while.
Yesterday the headache surrounding my entire head continued, with added green mucus. So my mood wasn't just all in my mind. It was in my head and sinuses, too.
Today I went to the doctor and came home with antibiotics for the sinus infection, decongestant, and a nasal spray. My acupuncturist said that the antiobiotics might set back my fertility treatment (the herbs are contraindicated for the antiobiotics), but I need a headache-free day.
I also finally asked the doctor about the toe on my left foot. For the past couple of years whenever I really exerted myself--say playing soccer, hiking, or walking on a regular basis--I would get these shooting pains through my toe. I didn't go to the doctor because well, what's the fun of going to a doctor who doesn't make you get undressed?
She thinks I have a neuroma*, or a benign tumor of the nerves in my foot. I have an appointment with a podiatrist, who most likely will tell my to wear shoes with wide toe boxes.
Could I BE getting any older?
On Sunday I resorted to having sex with my husband to try to alleviate my headache. No perfectly timed sex. Not sex on a schedule. Just come in here and help me get rid of my headache sex. Worked--for a little while.
Yesterday the headache surrounding my entire head continued, with added green mucus. So my mood wasn't just all in my mind. It was in my head and sinuses, too.
Today I went to the doctor and came home with antibiotics for the sinus infection, decongestant, and a nasal spray. My acupuncturist said that the antiobiotics might set back my fertility treatment (the herbs are contraindicated for the antiobiotics), but I need a headache-free day.
I also finally asked the doctor about the toe on my left foot. For the past couple of years whenever I really exerted myself--say playing soccer, hiking, or walking on a regular basis--I would get these shooting pains through my toe. I didn't go to the doctor because well, what's the fun of going to a doctor who doesn't make you get undressed?
She thinks I have a neuroma*, or a benign tumor of the nerves in my foot. I have an appointment with a podiatrist, who most likely will tell my to wear shoes with wide toe boxes.
Could I BE getting any older?

8 Comments:
That doesn't sound like getting older to me- I'm just steamed at your acupuncturist. So you are supposed to forgo treatment for an infection so that he/she can keep up with the herbs? Give me a break.
I know what you mean, zhl. The little ailments have a way of sneaking up on you. But hey -- you're playing soccer & hiking! Sounds like you're staying young to me.
I hope you get some headache relief soon. It sounds pretty awful.
Oh Z, I wish things were better out there. And I think you should reconsider training for a marathon - if running is something that you usually enjoy, than do it. Sure, if you decide to move forward with another IVF cycle you can curtail your activites then - but why pass on something you want to do now solely because your acupuncturist says so? It doesn't seem right to me, when I consider all the runners I know who got pg - including my best friend who needed IVF.
Neuroma,huh. Who would have thunk it. I hope they can deal with it easily. And I hope you are cured soon of that horrible lurgy causing your headache and green slime.
I'm sorry for all this misery! Ongoing headaches just suck, it's so hard to do anything else. Glad you asked about the toe though. Hopefully both will be fixed in short order.
You are still younger than me haha! Feel better soon, sweetie.
I don't know- seems like such a little thing like antibiotics shouldn't mess up a whole cycle like that. Can we all be so incredibly sensitive to this kind of shift in our bodies while there is a whole other population of women that could consume every drug known to man, practically killing any IQ they may have and still get pg? Shouldn't be so freakin' hard.
I hope the infection clears soon, and takes the headaches with it.
The neuroma, I hope it turns out to be a false alarm.
Post a Comment
<< Home